Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 23 June 2010

Brick 60km cycle and 6km run (am)
This was meant to be 80km cycle with 3-4 x 15km at IMP on 5mins rest
Followed by 10km at IMP

Didn't have the focus after the race at the weekend, and they were resurfacing Richmond park roads which made it difficult. Had fair bit of reading to do for work so cut it short - happy with what I did. Black toe seems to be improving.

Swim 2km late evening - little change of tack - have decided to work on strength a little more in all three disciplines. So did a lot of work with paddles and a pull buoy - so people swear by this sort of training - i've always been under the impression that your technique needs to be good before using these. I think today has changed my mind. The paddles help to emphasise errors with hand entry and can help to show where the power in the stroke should be. They are also good for developing strength - but it's important to take it slowly.
Also did 8 x 100m at 1m/sec on 25sec rest - was overtaken repeatedly by girl in drag pants

No comments:

Post a Comment