Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 4 June 2010

Haven't had time to get to the computer for a week - Missed a couple of sessions due to illness and a couple  due to work etc,
Will start with today and try and fill in the rest.

One hour yoga at local gym - had been developing loads of tight areas and had a lot of negative thoughts creeping in. Miraculous as afterwards seemed like I had been totally cured! I can't seem to explain why I am unable to do stretching at home and get the same result.

2km swim with main session 8 x 200m at critical swim speed on 25-50 second rests.
Felt good and managed to keep the pace up - probably time to increase the number of sets. Would be good to get to double this by ironman time.

75km cycle to Richmond park - the road was melting - really weird. Was hoping to do a little more but stopped a few times to change set up. Still can't get my left leg feeling as anatomically sound as the right - will continue to play.

Run off bike only 3km - in vibram barefoots

No comments:

Post a Comment