Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Run

100mins aerobic

Had planned to run for longer, something like 20 miles. There's good evidence that the fastest marathons are run by the people who have done the most 20 mile runs in training. This was the rationale. However, half way through thought the argument against this at this stage is that it will impact heavily on the quality of the bike training and increase the chance of injury. Difficult call but exercised caution.

Looking after Will in during the day. Did manage to get on the roller when he was asleep and hit the legs - for once I felt a change with better form on the run. I must force myself to do this every day; it's painful.

In the London marathon this year I tried a run walk strategy from the start - 4mins running 30 seconds walking right from the start. My time was 3.03 (and I did an extra km running around everyone). I am toying with the idea of this for the Ironman but it's crucial I do a bit more of this in training now if i'm going to do it in the race.

Listening to IM talk podcast - a lot of debate about the "paleo diet" - interesting, seems a bit of a fad - it has stopped me from putting the juicer on ebay though.

No comments:

Post a Comment