Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Brick

Turbo
3 hours - with 5 x 20min 220W 80-90rpm all aero.

Run
Off bike - 12km, 10km at IMP 2km warm down.

Very uncomfortable on the bike today - not sure why - maybe the massage has rearranged things? Got some medial hamstring pain - this can mean stance is to wide or saddle too high or too much pedal float etc, I'll play around next time.
Bit embarrassed about leaving it this long to change the chain - it made a very noticeable difference.
Used maltodextrin from www.myprotein.com - it's the main ingredient in sports drinks and is £10 for 5Kg - a lot cheaper. It seemed to work well.
Good to be able to stay in the aero position longer.

Tried something different with the run. The aid stations in the race will be every 3 miles so I will see how I go walking for a minute every 3 miles.

Another embarrassing thing - there's a painful spot on my bum!!! Too much information?

Also an hour or so cycling Will and George around in the afternoon - that was hard work as well today.

No comments:

Post a Comment