Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 8 July 2011

Run

am 60mins easy aerobic

pm 50mins - as 20min easy 30min IMP

I did the second run on the treadmill - as I wanted an uninterrupted run and am a bit bored of Burgess park. The main question I had was what percentage incline should the treadmill be to simulate the outdoors. I found a good answer to this at:
 http://www.hillrunner.com/training/tmillchart.php

Basically it was 1% - I thought it would be higher than this.
Did the 30mins at 14km/hr, HR 145-150 (would be right on the limit to do this in 3 weeks time)

Today has been the best example so far of surprising myself. I felt tired from the first run and wasn't at all up for it. It all came good in the end and I really enjoyed it. I kept trying to do what i've been shown at the running school http://runningschool.co.uk/ but it's hard not to drift back to normal. My niggles kept at bay and I have just read that backwards running may help - i'll give it a go.

My back wheel came back from Sheffield today where it was getting serviced - I've been having problems with it so that's one more job ticked off.

Tomorrow is a rest day. Ready for the biggest day of training in the whole cycle, on Sunday 180km cycle 15km run

No comments:

Post a Comment