Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Gym
Mainly rolling the legs with the rolling pin type thing - http://tptherapy.com/
Absolute agony at times but know it works.
Bit of strength work
Sauna
- I have some heart rate data today; The garmin returned from it's repair of the cracked screen. It was away for about 4days and they've replaced it with a new one. I've had it for 2 years so am really impressed with their customer service. I remember the old days with the polar watches that would take months to come back.

I stayed in until 26mins. Had a minute break then back in for the last 4mins.
I still can't get my head around sitting doing nothing and having a heart rate that's the same as a conversational pace cycle or run. Not even the thought of getting the full half an hour so I could put the graph up here could keep me in any longer. 
I think the dips are due to people coming in and out and bringing the cold air with them. 

Turbo
2hours 20min
Main set 4 x (20min x 220W x 90rpm) on 10min recovery

Did this after kids went to bed. I'm still waiting for the final bike fitting report, I kept wanting to be further forwards so it would be good to see if that was in the "fit window" 

No comments:

Post a Comment