Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Run
16km, in middle 4 x 800m at half marathon pace on 90sec recovery at the track. First decent run since the race - probably a little too fast at the track - sore calves now.

Swim
1500m drill - single arm, band round legs,
I was planning to do twice that but it was a "general" session in the pool and was being dive bombed too often!

Sauna
Couldn't manage the 30mins straight today. I think this was because of the run and swim before. Two chicken out 30sec breaks. Also found standing up much harder than sitting down. It's not surprising as there's two opposing forces - blood vessels dilating to loose heat in the legs and constricting to counteract gravity. So that's the new goal - 30mins standing with no breaks before I leave.

I have just started a just giving appeal for the charity that looks after children with George's condition. The blue thingy in the top left hand corner will take you there if your feeling charitable. Thank You X


No comments:

Post a Comment