Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Rest
Just some cycling around dropping George off at nursery and various errands. Some people try and completely rest, which to them means feet off the ground. I think some activity is good as it I feel it opens up blood flow to the muscles and delivers the building blocks for repair/adaptation. I'm not sure if this has been looked into.

Everyone in Hawaii wears the fancy swim skins for the swim. I still haven't got one - had a look on the internet, a little prohibitive price wise. In the early days (1970's) everyone did the whole event in swimming trunks - they were a tougher breed.

No comments:

Post a Comment