Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Swim
Race pace set
Warm up 600m
6 x 50 as 25 solid 25 easy
Main set - 5 x 400m on 20sec rest at race pace
Warm down - 6 x 50 on 1min rest

It was difficult to drag myself to the pool for this. A day of looking after Will where I decided the TV wouldn't go on at all - I don't like the way it can become an extra parent (well I like it, but don't think it does him any good!). There's a lot mentally happening on top of training at the moment - it's only this last year i've noticed that mental work and physical come from the same internal bank. However, it all came good after 10mins or so and I was glad I went.

Walked around with Will in the baby rucksack for an hour as well today - he's getting heavier. We went to visit a friend of mine Paolo but he wasn't in.


No comments:

Post a Comment