Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Saturday 24 March 2012

Run

Slow long run - Ran the last 20miles of the marathon course. Started at the kids bedtime so this meant running round Canary Wharf/Isle of Dogs at 10pm which was a bit bleak. I'm not sure exactly how far; somewhere between 32 and 35km. I was out for 3h30 and there were a couple of stops for "full fat" coke. I'd have liked to do 5.30min/Km pace but settled for the 6min/km that my legs wanted to do. Fairly comfortable, just a bit of right leg wanting to cross the midline which I think is the annoying TFL/ITB up to its usual tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment