Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Sunday 3 June 2012

7 Weeks to go to UK ironman, 8 Weeks to Spain
Cycle

95km

Had a lift from Sheffield down to Derby and cycled to Shrewsbury. Torrential rain all the way - glad I had a very bright back light.

So i've clocked up a few miles now with the saddle as far forward as it'll go. It's been surprisingly good. I still have the same asymmetrical issues but it's more comfortable.

Mentally i'm in the dark a bit as i'm not following the same training regimen;
The volume is lower
The intensity is higher
There is more recovery and more doubt!
I've got to back up one ironman with another a week later - i'm going to have to be really disciplined and go slowly for the UK one, I fully expect to walk a significant portion of the marathon.
More than likely I will be learning a lot!


No comments:

Post a Comment