Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Thursday 21 June 2012

Gym

Still got my cold - there's a saying that if its above your neck it's ok to train. Not sure where it is so just did some stretching at the gym and some very light weights. Looking back at the training diary I had a sore throat and a few long days at work that I didn't give enough respect to. It's always easy to look back and think it was obvious. I have been a bit stricter with carbs and that can add a bit of stress to the system.

I took my roller to the gym and hit my legs from every angle - the position on the bike was a lot better on the way back - so it looks like it's better to cover everything rather than focus on one area.

Weather (and cold) permitting I may cycle to London on Saturday - I should be well rested and at 4 weeks out from IMUK why not. Looks like it would be 160miles on google maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment