Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Saturday 5 January 2013

am
Weights
Swim

pm
Turbo - main set (tempo) 50min x 230W x 85rpm

Busy day today, don't usually train twice but the opportunity came up. 
Beetroot is meant to be the latest thing for enhancing exercise. I don't like it. I've had some sitting in the fridge to try for the last month and today I gave it a go. Not as bad as I remember from childhood. Did it make any difference?

The red graph is today (appropriate colour!) the blue is same session a month ago. No difference, although I hadn't done two sessions that day. Unfortunately I may need to experiment further.

Dropped the saddle another 2mm today (at the end of the session) - this is one of the reasons behind the blog - it helps to keep track. 



No comments:

Post a Comment