Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Gym

Swim
Drill 1.5km

Put a new wheel on the fixed wheel bike. Had to take it to the bike shop to get the locking nut of the old wheel - a two minute job. After hearing much banging I went into the workshop and found the two "youngsters" trying everything they could to get the nut off - I reminded them the locking nut on a fixed wheel undoes clockwise!

This reminded me of "zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance" - just because you pay an expert doesn't mean they'll do a very good job.

Anyway rode to the gym on the bike - i've been getting lazy and using the car.

Finished swim with a break through session of 160m butterfly. Getting closer to my 200m target. I have realised that it's these break through sessions that make me happy. If my hip stops me smashing it in triathlons I just need to find different ways to have these sorts of sessions - new goals.

Here's the X-ray of the hip; "narrowed joint space on the right". The left is apparently normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment