Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Sunday 19 May 2013

11 weeks to go
72.7kg 14.9% fat

Cycle

50km road

Managed to get out for a couple of hours.



Great weather. Still uncomfortable from the right hip. Averaged around 30km/hr fairly easy.

Run 
5km
Probably the best run for a long time. No pain.

So 11 weeks to go. There's lots of work to do - the main goal is to get pain free which will mean some trips to the physio. Also need to get the weight down; I was 66.9kg 6months ago so have put on a fair bit. I think the target for race day (if I make it) is 69.9Kg and 9.9%, so about 0.5kg a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment