Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Sunday 7 July 2013

4 Weeks to go

Cycle (am)

50km
Planned to go for a 5hour cycle. Started with a trip out to the Wrekin and back - very frustrated with bike position and aches and pains - went home to rethink. Decided to have a go on the rollers - i've only ever managed 5 mins before falling off. Happy as did 7 lots of 10 mins and tried stretching various body parts to see what worked. I was able to spend time with the kids too as they watched whilst pedalling on their bikes!

Lowered the saddle as felt it was the ITB playing up. Put a washer on the right pedal spindle. Moved the shoes forwards relative to the pedal to reduce any strain on the achilles and took the orthotics out as maybe all that support transmits more to the achilles - I can live without the 5 watts extra.

Worked on some flexiblity whilst watching Andy Murray in the tennis and "entertaining" the little darlings.

Run (pm)

4km after the kids went to bed to keep the legs moving

No comments:

Post a Comment