Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Saturday 13 July 2013

Cycle

5hours 30mins
Hottest day of the year. Headed over to Dinas-Mawddwy. Took it very easy 3hours got me near to the bottom then came back. Did 45 mins on the rollers afterwards to try out some position tweaks.
I was feeling fairly uncomfortable at times but it never got any worse - I need to remember that. Also had "hot foot" on both feet towards the end - i'd put standard insoles in so that didn't work. Also tried the time trial bike on the rollers - not as difficult as i'd thought - may use it for the ironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment